Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Man's Best Friends- Scene XII

(at Elizabeth's house)
(Brian rings bell and Elizabeth answers)
Elizabeth (librarian): Hi Brian
Brian (man): (peering inside) Wow what a large house
Elizabeth: (laughing) Well come inside and take a look at how big it is from the inside
Brian: (walking in) Well you know I went to Carlsbad Cavern and Mammoth Cave and they looked rather small on the outside but were immensely large on the inside, but that's how cave's work I guess (looks inside and sees lit scented candles and potpourri and a set table, Brian looks nervous)
Elizabeth: Don't worry this is just a practice date.
Brian: (puzzled) A practice date? Do you always have these preliminary auditions for all potential dates?
Elizabeth: No this is just practice for you so you can know what to do on a date. Since practicing with either of you two sisters would just seem creepy to you I was the only possible alternative.
Brian: You're the only one possible but you're certainly not an alternative you're the first pick.
Elizabeth: (sweet and friendly) Oh that's so sweet you're doing great already.
Brian: (hopeful) So you liked that.
Elizabeth: (casually) Yes (time passes as Brian and Elizabeth are dining on steak at the dining room table) Now I made steak since I know it's one of the few dinner foods you eat and I thought for a first practice date you should have something you are comfortable with.
Brian: (shyly) Thank you
Elizabeth: (smiling with head tilted) Well you are welcomed. Besides it gives me a chance to put my dad's old grill to some use it's been sitting in my backyard for years unused. I don't typically eat grilled food except grilled chicken which I get passing a Subway's or such.
Brian: Well do you like the steak?
Elizabeth: Well do you?
Brian: Yes of course you even made it well done just how I like it.
Elizabeth: Thank you and I like it too even though it's not on my diet.
Brian: What diet? Atkins? The Zone?
Elizabeth: Oh god no. Just the old fashion chicken and fish diet. No meat except chicken and fish.
Brian: The only diet with any merit is the kosher diet (correcting himself) which is basically a less strict form of the chicken and fish diet and an even less strict form of the vegetarian diet.
Elizabeth: (laughs) I love your conversation style.
Brian: It's the only style I have. (Elizabeth laughs again) Thanks for being so amused most people just find me awkward.
Elizabeth: Well you're the only guy I know with any personality.
Brian: Really?
Elizabeth: Well the only one with a nice personality.
Brian: A nice personality doesn't mean as much to most women as being normal does, what makes you different?
Elizabeth: Because in twenty four years experience I've learned a nice personality, being normal and being male are three things that don't go together. and seeing you make such a struggle to get to get to know me shows you really care for me. This experiment was not just for you
Brian: (intrigued) Really?
Elizabeth: I just wanted to have a date where I know the guy won't pressure me to have sex on the first date once I say no once.
Brian: (anxious) Well I know what it's like to be under pressure in fact the non-sexual part of the date is a huge pressure for most men. I know sex is not a small issue but most men men feel rejected if the date doesn't go that way.
Elizabeth: But you always seemed like that minute percent of men who don't worry about sex on the first date.
Brian: (anxious) I fear failure, which is why most men want sex so quickly, but that's why I'm so shy about it. But it's a double edged sword because I still feel failure to connect to a date unless they become comfortable with me sexually.
Elizabeth: Well I'm comfortable with you sexually that's why I'm talking about it with you, and I'm comfortable emotionally with you as well but that doesn't mean I want to take sex or the person I'm with, for that matter, for granted. I would want to fully appreciate you, the love we would share and the mutual sexual affection we would have for each other before being sexual with you and even then I would want it in the most respectable, romantic and passionate way possible for me and my perspective mate.
Brian: In that case any man should feel like a king who wins your sexual affection.
Elizabeth: (curiously) That's the first time I've heard you say sex in a normal comfortable way.
Brian: Sex always kinda felt like a dirty thing till you just described it.
Elizabeth: Well thank you (times passes and they are at her door)
Brian: So may I ask you for a second practice date?
Elizabeth: When?
Brian:
Anytime you want I'm always free. I'm a paid man with no work hours so I'm always available for you.
Elizabeth: (steps closer to him holding his hands) Now that's what a woman wants to hear.
Brian: Huh? I always thought it was "no you don't look fat in those jeans"
Elizabeth: (giggles and gently kisses him) How about Friday at eight?
Brian: (anxious) Great where should we meet?
Elizabeth: (adoringly) Ahhh you're getting all anxious again.
Brian: (anxious) Well yeah
Elizabeth: Is the intimacy intimidating you?
Brian: (in relative relief) Well-ll yeah just because I don't know whether to interpret this as still the practice date or if this is just your natural emotions?
Elizabeth: Everything I'm doing is practice (Brian looks hurt and Elizabeth laughs) but you should know it wouldn't be a good practice date if I didn't naturally.
Brian: And what is naturally?
Elizabeth: I am acting totally as if I were dating a stranger. (Brian grins boyishly) Oh yeah and I'll go over to your place next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment