Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Poetry Post 131

Doing Fine
When people ask me how I'm doing I say "fine I guess"
There is nothing I need to confess
Because no news is good news and there is no bad press
So by all accounts I think it's going good
I may not be doing all I could or should
But that is well understood
But though my good acts don't go far
My bad acts stay right where they are
So I'm doing just fine by any bar

Starting Life Over
Don't be afraid of trying
Escape, be free, start flying
Flee to a world of trees
Among the nightly breeze
A calm world is waiting for you
Start your life fresh and new
Where the green grass grows
And the lazy flower bed flows
Stay in peace
Let the pain cease
All of life is in harmony
The way God said it ought to be

Music II
Listening to my radio in bed
Calmness in my body and head
The music just soothes my spirit
All my demons halt when I hear it
The world of pain is frozen still
No more being teased or ill
The new world too good to be real
After it ends pain is all I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment