Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poetry Post 156

The Greatest Affliction
I've been trapped in an addiction
Stuck with an affliction
I've dug a hole too deep
And the climb is too steep
I know I can't do what I should
I would do it if I could
But I have fallen from grace
Unworthy to the human race

I Fail
I fail every time I try
I can never laugh I can only cry
I do not know I can only ask why
Sometimes I feel like I could die
Every time I try I fail
And my life grows bleak and pale
All I do is weep and wail
I ought to go away and set sail

Twenty Year Old Loser
No job no money no transportation
Twenty years of unfulfilled expectation
Day by day my future becomes my past
I don't know how long my childhood can last
It's not that I don't follow through
But something goes mysteriously wrong at the job interview
Hopes of being employed
Are quickly destroyed
Each time I get their reply
They say no without why
If it's experience I got to start somewhere
They know I need the work to pay the bills why don't they care
My friends passed on a good reference
But it doesn't make any difference
I didn't get hired
Jobless till I've expired

No comments:

Post a Comment