Saturday, April 18, 2009

Poetry Post 193

Unreluctant Hermit
I sit guardian of my own prison cell
Willingly protected by my own private shell
I find my loneliness more serene
Than the hectic phony social scene
I am an unreluctant hermit
Looking for a quiet place to sit
I like it better on my own
And until I make it otherwise known
Please just leave me alone

Loneliness In Bed

I lie in bed
But my love ain't there
And I'm not going anywhere
Got to put a band aid on my head
Got to hide the pain
This wound that will not heal
I must try to conceal
Block it from my brain

Sickness

Laying ill upon my bed
So much pain I wish I was dead
The aching pain I dread
Covers my stomach and head
I wake up with nauseating
Pain beyond the need of medicating
I must wait for the pain to end
Wait alone without a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment