Thursday, May 7, 2009

Poetry Post 240

Would You
Would you be a mother to me if I was a father to you
Would you give me your heart if I put mine in everything I do
Would you tell me your dreams if I could help them come true
Would you help me without changing me if I took you for who you are
Would you show me the light when I reach for the skies aiming at a star
Would you still love me if I never measured up to the bar

Social Anxiety
I'm sick of wasting countless years
Trying to overcome pointless fears
Fears of failure fears of never trying
Fears of living fears of dying
Fears of emotional investments going bankrupt
Fears that my feelings are sick and corrupt
Fears of pressure and the slightest expectation
That comes implicit to every social situation
Fear of not being in my own element
Fear of offending those who don't understand what context I meant
Fear that social gatherings are a soulless task
Nothing personal or humane shown through the social mask
Fear not knowing what to show or what to hide
I just leave my poems to show what's inside

Suffering Fool
Killing myself to numb the pain
Dulling the thoughts haunting my brain
Relieve the tension to ease the strain
Wash away doubt down the drain
Adrenaline clears the guilt without a need to restrain
Euphoria or anxiety the option seems so plain
But my awakens with only more about to complain
When life goes from troubled mind only to a void empty brain
You appear as a suffering fool unfit to train
It's no wonder you lock yourself away labeled insane

No comments:

Post a Comment