Friday, June 26, 2009

After School

Thoreau:
Hey honey what happened at school today?
Rachel:
Some things I'd rather not say
Can I just go out to play?
Thoreau:
Sure but first just relax
I just want to know the facts
Rachel:
Well today I was reading them The Lorax
Thoreau:
Well that's a very fine book
Rachel:
Not when everyone's giving you a dirty look
Thoreau:
Well I appreciate the courage you took
Rachel:
The teacher said I was naive to believe that hippie philosophy
And that I shouldn't think so evil of industry
And everyone in class seems to completely agree
Thoreau:
Neither me, you or Dr. Seuss said all industry is bad
Rachel:
But they said we were hypocrites which made me mad
They said your views were corrupting me Dad
Thoreau:
Never mind what they say
You did the right thing today
Now you can go out and play

No comments:

Post a Comment