Saturday, June 27, 2009

Poetry Post 307

Spared
Everyday the world seduces me to sin
Like a raging alcoholic I give in
But then I see God looking at me angry but discerning
Always just leaving me with a warning
I fall down speechless as I stumbled
From an experience that made a once proud man humbled
I promise never to give in
But I grow desperate as the vow grows tiresome the cycle starts over again

Death Plea
Why does God let me live
I don't have anything to give
The world has nothing to benefit from me
There is nothing I have to make me worthy
Nothing has come from what I have said
The world would be better if I was dead
God must have some purpose left for me
Or Satan might just want to see me in misery

Virtue & Lust
Do you believe in virtue and lust
An innocence protected by lack of self trust
Maintaining your morals to maintain your love as a must
Trying to show you somehow deserve
But afraid when the day comes you'll lose your nerve
Or scare her away with feelings so hard to conserve
But led by the trust of the other's modesty
And their full disclosure and tactful honesty
You're headed humbly for a higher harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment