Sunday, January 25, 2009

12th Part of Poetry

Autumn Nights

On a cool, breezy autumn night
With the dim shine of the full moon light
With the leaves falling from the tree
Falling to cover me
Being caressed by the soft night air
Calming my every nightmare
And the tender grass tickles me
And everything lays in harmony

The Seeker

All my life I have followed and I have fought
But what I wanted is what I never got
I've been to the ocean's depth and the mountain's peak
But even after a hundred years I'll never find what I seek
Looking forever without a map
Looking forever in this death trap
Looked through the sea, searched through the sky
But never found a love that wouldn't die
All passion has an end
As I'm left without a friend

Fashion Fascism

Fashion is a fascist nation
Where looks determine association
If Jesus lived in our generation
He'd be set off in isolation
Unless he dressed in a hundred dollar brand name
And had a generic gym body frame
Spent a million to be more of the same
Just to be in a winnerless game
Even though he wouldn't give in to pressure
He couldn't share his treasure
In a world seeking instant pleasure
He would be weighed on a faulty measure

No comments:

Post a Comment