Thursday, January 29, 2009

Man's Best Friends Scene VI

(main apartment room same as Scene IV)
Thomas (cat): Done already?
Brian (man): Yeah, emailed it to Mr. Jenkins already.
Mike (dog): Why do you call him Mr. Jenkins?
Brian: Because that's his name
Mike: No, I mean how come you don't call him by his Christian name?
Brian: Oh, well I never met him.
Thomas: What about during the interview process?
Brian: That was with human resources.
Thomas: So you trust your personal work with a complete stranger but can't have a casual conversation with a woman you have been pining after and studying for the past god knows how many months?
Brian: (embarrassed) Well that is one way of looking at it. I'll check my emails (leaves)
Mike: That's it I'm running away to the library tomorrow morning when Elizabeth starts work there. Then when she sees me she'll recognize me and take me back to Brian and then he'll have to talk to her.
Thomas: He'll still avoid any conversation with her but don't let that keep you from fulfilling my dreams.
David: Of eating me?
Thomas: Get off yourself already for a depressed paranoid hamster you sure do have your mind set on yourself.
Mike: Well as much as I love this little day drama I think I'll tune out early. (leaves out the window)

No comments:

Post a Comment