Friday, January 30, 2009

Volume 18th trilogy of poetry

Money Cycle
Money flows through like the waters of the earth and sky
It vapors up and rains back down passing itself by
But people live in fear and doubt
When amidst a never ending drought
Water stores itself in immeasurable masses in the sky
As vegetation and wildlife whither and die
The earth pleads and it calls
But no rain water falls
Praying for rain is vanity
When the clouds keep their humidity
It will with the right pressure stay in its place
Destroying the earth in a slow agonizing pace

Tuned Out
Communication has no effect
My senses have disconnect
I can no longer recognize your face
I'm at home and lost in space
Nothing imports to my brain
So your attention is in vain
But thank you for being there
So when I wake I'll know you care
For when my wandering's done
We both know I'll need someone

Ode To Eve
I could have every tree in my garden but it's not paradise without you
I could keep a zoo of pets in my den but it's not paradise without you
Even though my land has always flourished and the sky is ever blue
I am too lonely to call it paradise without you
I could have infinite time
And every mountain to climb
But it's not paradise without you
I could have the softest flower bed
But loneliness would fill my head
For it is not paradise without you

No comments:

Post a Comment