Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poetry Post 34 (and the hits just keep on coming)

Pictures II
The most beautiful girl I've ever seen
So majestically beautiful and serene
Makes me wonder of the fantasies that could've never been
As my thoughts look for you over and over again
Your soul I may never feel
But I'll pretend it's real
Just so I can learn how to deal
Thoughts of you are at my command
But I may never hold your hand
But I look at your face
You put me in a better place
Looking at you makes me feel secure
Even if it's just a picture
It is the only thing forever for sure

Beauty
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder
But society blinds us and grabs us by the shoulder
I prefer a dandelion to a daisy
So society calls me crazy
I prefer a pigeon to a dove
No one understands the basis of my love
There is no one who sees as I see
They have no idea what it's like to be me
I see the bright dandelion's beauty
As it grows old so gracefully
It grows from blond to gray
And never tilts either way
A pigeon is just a dove by another name
But it gets infamy in lieu of fame
A dove is too perfect for humanity
But a pigeon graces us with its good will so friendly

Repressed Memories
Repressed memories until none remain
All thoughts and feelings leave save only the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment