Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poetry Post 74

Yuppies
The Reagan World got so yuppie we forgot it was 1984
So busy in stocks and creature comfort goals we forgot the war
So much in our inventory we didn't know what we had in store
Materialism covers our self destructive core
Our world becomes less as we demand more
How will our Earth endure
It is ours not our own to care for

Simple Beauties

Every day people tell me the simple beauty of daily life
Will conquer over my interior strife
But I can't believe the world is so magnificent
When the beauties are so insignificant
Until the rose talks of peace
Until the butterfly causes war to cease
Until the stars can cure the ill
And the moon can pay the bill
I'll always have interior strife
Never seeing beauty in life

Kari
Kari you are my kindest and most wonderful friend
And although my love may look like a passing trend
And my emotions are inconstant like the wind
I'll still firmly declare my love for you shall never end

No comments:

Post a Comment