Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poetry Post 76

Field Of Grass
Running through the field so green
Taking in the air so clean
Living in this place of peace wandering free
Living forever in Earth's harmony
As I lie down under a shady tree
Living on what God gave me
Spending my day down by the creek
Letting all my pain grow weak
I am on a high of fresh air
I can do whatever I dare
There's no cloud to ruin the fun
Just the warm thrill of the sun
Climbing on every rock and tree
Letting myself be me
Swimming across the river so deep
Climbing all the hills so high and steep
I've forgotten all about my blues
I've forgotten all my bad news
With what God gave me I feel refreshed and anew
I am free to do what I want to do
To enjoy what Mother Nature has to provide
Here away from society I will hide
Peace and calmness comes upon me
I am finally out and free

Waiting For God's Day
So many Christians waiting for Armageddon
Lagging, waiting, whining, toiling on
They focus on the destination not the path
So ungratefully they grow in wrath
Everyone wanting to see the Kingdom today
Not recognizing the present is more than a gateway
There is a reason God alone knows the hour
So He can see what we'll do with our mortal power

Illusive Love
Every day in the morning I say "I love you" but no one receives it
I hear a voice telling me one day there will be, if only I believed it
The only way I can survive the lonely nights in my bed
Is to keep a vision of my illusive love in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment