Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poetry Post 87

My Thoughts
I come with no casual indifference
I come with no political preference
I claim no creed except truth
And facts determined by proof
Each man's right to exist
Is an ideal that must persist
Only He that divinely make thee
Can take thee
It is not for man to choose
Which life to lose
Treat your fellowman as the better man
Help each one as tragedy demands
We are all of the same Divine Origin and Salvation
Our neighbors aren't divided by nation
Come to each one's assistance
Help each one with undying persistence
Preserve the wonders of the Earth
Hold it sacred for all its worth
From its ground do not employ
Machines built that they can destroy
All the Earth of all its existence
Because all we have is this one chance
We are all given a mouth to preach
So shall we may never censor speech
Because of the diverse thoughts of diverse minds
Censorship comes in two kinds
Obsolete
Or complete

Seeing Hearts
When I look into your timid tender eyes
I see no need for a disguise
One vulnerable but welcoming grin
And I know I've been let in
The sincere interest I see in your face
And the loving attention of your embrace
Let me know I'm not mislead
With love the message is sent and read

Guilt Chains
I have no inhibition
I've lost my fiery ambition
I can't live on a good intention
Immobile but on a mission
If you can't walk what good is the vision
I'm a failure of a good decision
Now that the spirit is dead in me
I'm sponging off another's hospitality
And the guilt chains are the hardest to break free

No comments:

Post a Comment