Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Monkees (film)- Scene XIII

(Davy's room Micky follows Davy in)
Davy: Get out
Micky: I think you have something you want to talk about.
Davy: Like what?
Micky: Whatever it is that makes you miss Valleri, if you had a strong liking toward her why did you tell her to leave?
Davy: I don't like her. She represents everything that's holding me back
Micky: Your horniness?
Davy: No what's holding me back in the band. Fame means more to me than being in a band, until my mind woke up. Mike was right companionship and music matters. Sex isn't companionship if it's all about self-gratification....
Micky: (breaking fourth wall) Wow now we are trying to make a PG-13 family film.
Davy: Grow up no one under 30 even remembers us. Anyway if I try to break solo and get one night stands who is going to be there to recollect the good times when we are all 30.
Micky: Peter, Mike and me are all 30, Peter is 33 and Mike is 32 actually.
Davy: Yes I know but that's what I'm talking about, I need to get serious about the band but I also need a serious girlfriend.
Micky: Like a wife?
Davy: Yes, by the way how come you and Carole aren't married?
Micky: Besides the fact I can't afford to take care of her, a fear of becoming like Mike, so swallowed up by ambition he can't enjoy what he's already achieved. Marriage drives him to prove himself and I could never do that. (Song; Someday Man)
Some people always complain that their life is too short so they hurry it
along
Their worries drive them insane but they still go along for the ride
As for me
I have all the time in the world
I was born
A someday man
I'm a maybe child
I was born
A someday man
I was always wild
Tomorrow's a new day, baby
Anything can happen
Anything can happen at all
Some folks are working for reasons and waiting for answers they're never
gonna find
They keep on searching for pleasures and looking for what they can't see
But for me
Life can be a sweet holiday
I was born
A someday man
I'm a maybe child
I was born
A someday man
I was always wild
Tomorrow's a new day, baby
Anything can happen
Anything can happen at all
I was born
A someday man
I'm a maybe child
I was born
A someday man
I was always wild

No comments:

Post a Comment