Sunday, March 22, 2009

Poetry Post 149

Confrontation
Don't ask stupid questions assuming certain replies
I know underneath suspicion lies
Don't give me those damning eyes
You ask as if I did it behind your back
You are not aware of every fact
If negative assumptions are wrong you are provoking an attack
You give me no trust or understanding
You're just interrogating and demanding
Assuming I act under handing

Vanity
Years of public schools and college
Has not once increased my knowledge
I've fallen in and out of lust
Finding there is no one I can trust
Many places I go but can never find
A place to unwind
A little bit of peace of mind
I've given all into what I believe
But vanity is all I achieve
I lost the beauty of youth
I lost the innocence of truth
All things tangible will rot and decay
So I'll just wait another day
Watching myself fade away

Heart And Mind
Heart and Mind wander infinite places
Roaming vacant spaces
Though both travel as a nomad
Mind is content at travel while Heart is sad
Mind is only happy when it can change its climate
While Heart wanders worrying of an unfound mate
Mind wander simply to roam
While Heart hunts for a humble home
But both should be nurtured according to their own
So that maturity is sure to be grown
For nothing is sadder than minds set in their way
While hearts go out and play

No comments:

Post a Comment