Thursday, March 5, 2009

Poetry Vol 123

Something Happens
Something happens every time I'm with you
Something only your friendship can do
When my spirit is consumed in depression
Only your company puts it in regression
As long as I can know that you do care
There's very little I cannot bear
I do not fear this being within your capability
Because I know you would not abuse the responsibility

Something Heartfelt
The fleshly rose that glows when you grin
Does something to me within
I feel something heartfelt
Like the ice in my veins begin to melt
A cold lonely mountain revived in the morning spring sun
You've done what I feared could never be done
But when the moon arrives so does the frost
And everything you've done for me is lost
Only a memory and a hope to see you tomorrow
Allows tolerance to get through this sorrow
Until then I'll pretend everything is alright
Dreaming of a world where we're united tonight

So Humbled

Any joy lost could be gained again
Except if I lose you as a friend
Pardon if my rhymes aren't perfect
They don't mean to imply inspirational defect
But you showed progress can come without restraint
Your friendship has come without fear, anxiety or any complaint
No time I spend with you ends up in strife
You are my first shot at love and even more my second shot at life
There is only one fear in something so near perfection
That time and space might naturally erode our connection
So I seek you out to show appreciation
To serve as our emotional protection

No comments:

Post a Comment