Thursday, March 5, 2009

Volume 120 Poetry

Idle Dreams II
I spend my life chasing idle dreams
Wading through the harsh torrents of the stream
Tripping over rocks from running too fast
On a pointless race I come in last

Misery
Sitting alone looking at the world around me
Trapped on either side of the telescope is misery
I look at the, laughing and playing all day
All of them sinning in every way
I know to be like them isn't worth any of it
For I know what you give is all that you ever get
But on my side there is nobody here
Except for me, my sadness and my jeer
Over there is hate and oppression
With me is only my depression
I sit here alone while they laugh at me
They don't care about others misery
I do not know why I suffer from oppression
Or why I am put alone in isolation
I don't know why I have to put up with them
The light of my hope is growing quickly dim
Whoever invented prejudice
Should try to live like this
To run and hide and live like me
Could that jerk live with my misery
Now here's a new idea opposite of hate
Love each other before it's too late
You got to turn this ship around
Before it wrecks to the ground

Cries Of Freedom
Chained to the wall
Screaming down the hall
But no one hears my call
If I can't liberate myself no one can at all

No comments:

Post a Comment