Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Poetry Post 162

Divine Loyalty
I was thinking about Jesus and His Father
Wondering why they even bothered
Why do they continue to walk by our side
When all we know is selfish pride
Is there anything from us that they could gain
What's the motive for their loyalty to maintain
In a world that's forgotten what's fair
Why do they choose to care
Then I look at those who say God's on their side
Then I wonder why does God hide
I look at the world wondering where God went
The Father and The Son are gone without a clue or hint
You can see Jesus with Nicodemus and Mary Madeline
But God doesn't walk with those calling themselves Christian
For God chooses to walk with those in doubt
Over the pious crowd who have it all figured out
He shuns those who proudly proclaim to submit to God's Kingdom
But then control their neighbor's conscience under their thumb

Trapped
Tossed and turned and thrown about
Locked in a room with no window out
No solution to my situation
Always running into a complication

Tragedy
Fear consumes as I'm drained of empathy
Pushing out all emotion purging myself into vulnerability
Shivering for fears, tears for sorrow
I will be emotionally dead tomorrow
For today all worries and concerns erupt violently pass the surface
Throwing fits of all feelings finding tomorrow is going to be a numb place

No comments:

Post a Comment