Friday, May 8, 2009

Poetry Post 242

One Lonely Life
Laying depressed, sick and lonely
Why is a miserable life given to me
Trapped inside my mental cage
All my loneliness causes inner rage
Laying alone without a friend
My life will be this way till the end
I'm stuck with my lonely life
Every single moment is full of strife
Going on with no one to love
When I'm lonely who can I think of
Now I'm reaching an early end
I have no one who was my real friend

Street Walker
I am the lone street walker
Conceitedly assumed local stalker
The quiet town's troublesome talker
In a town layered in the clothe of emptiness
I try to fit in my own skin before I choose to dress
I'm free to speak but communication depends on what I choose to confess
Ignore pink elephants and sacred cows and you'll please the crowd
Learn to please the peers and superiors to make your mama proud
Speak of quiet news for they shoot the messenger who speaks too loud
If you want society to give you a reason to live
You have to have everything a person can give
But you'll still only have yourself to be supportive
So I'll just continue going down the street
With no place to wander no people to meet
Just keep the worries out of my head as I shuffle my feet

Questions Of Sin And Will
What do you expect of me?
How am I suppose to be?
Should I suppress or embrace free will?
Should I change or be myself still?
Am I a man of God in whom He takes pleasure
Or do I fail to make myself measure?
How can I know if I'm pure?
How can I know if I'm sure?
How much must I endure
To receive God's cure?
Does God simply label us a success or a failure?
Does God measure by the sins we commit or maybe by something more?
How can we be certain of what we have in store
When we cannot measure purity in our core?

No comments:

Post a Comment