Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Poetry Post 260

Walking Down The Countryside
Down in the deep country wood
I can always feel good
No stress, no worries, just feeling fine
Just another good day sunshine
There's no place I need to go
So I'm going to take it slow
Now I'm free
I can be me
Walking down the countryside
Anything goes just enjoy the stride
Free to lie in the sun
Free to have fun
Just to lie softly on the Earthly ground
With the birds making their morning sound
I'm staying here for all eternity
To be forever free

Ye Have Done It Unto Me

I saw a fellowman in some need
So I did the right Christian deed
Whether in labor or personal doubt
I like to help my brothers out
I like to try to do what I can
But it is hard to be a Good Samaritan
When you can't trust everyman
And I have strength in spirit but the flesh of human

Changed
I was born in life
Without much strife
The world was fun and free
And it accepted me
Then everything changed
It was all rearranged
I was no longer loved
I'm always pushed and shoved
All the innocence of the world disappeared
Everything's worse than I ever feared
It is all over for me
Unless somehow I break free

No comments:

Post a Comment