Sunday, May 17, 2009

Updates On The Preacher Rock Opera and the next Rock Opera Thoreau

I'm thirteen songs into the new rock opera The Preacher. None of the characters go by names just titles. After this rock opera I will start a third rock opera Thoreau. My plan is to put the three together into one production released on a double CD. I figured with about a total a thousand lines of verse it could be encapsulated in less than 160 minutes of music. It's a little too long for a single disc I think, but none of the operas I wrote are worth getting individually but then again there's no music to judge by. The recording will (if it ever happens) will be done in a traditional cast form not the typical rock opera where all the parts are sung by a single lead singer (this I feel will help eliminate confusion in following the story). The title will be simple A Rock Opera Trilogy: Bettie Kaczynski Byproduct Of Society, The Preacher, Thoreau. I'm only half way through the second opera and have no composer, singers, musicians, record deals or studio time but if nothing else I want to leave behind the libretto even if nothing else comes to fruition. I almost forgot Thoreau is about a nature lover who fights to protect his neighborhood from corporate corruption. Primarily corruption against nature, the workers and the consumers. The corporation is a tobacco company hoping to expand its product making in the agricultural setting of the opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment