Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Poetry Post 290

Bus Ride
Another lonely bus ride
With some aloof stranger by my side
The ride always goes so slow
When all anyone's worried about is where to go
Two dozen people with no relation
Just traveling on the same transportation
Going on the same route with the same view
Day after day wasting an hour with nothing to do

Tragedy Of America
Conservatives can't recognize tragedy
Only commercial opportunity
"Remember 9/11 forget the Tsunami"
"Don't worry about the Ozone drive an SUV"
"Why worry about Abu Ghaib when there's sodomy?"
"Violence is always wrong except in the case of Christianity"
"He did cocaine but Bill smoked pot, He lied about war atrocity but Bill lied about adultery"
I've had enough of this straight laced insanity

Alicia
I notice you reading a holy writing
Making my heart brighten
We found a bond of faith and goals
I came to appreciate your mind, body and soul
I told you I love you but not how much
You gave me your number to keep in touch
I love you like a friend but long for something more
But you ain't ready for something less pure
I don't blame you
I don't wanna defame you
You're looking for a friend and you think I wanna date
But I'm also looking for a friend and also a soulmate

No comments:

Post a Comment