Friday, October 9, 2009

Poetry Post 312 (Discouraged but continuing)

Don Quixote's Blues
Why do I believe every cliché
Like truth will prevail and love will find a way
It only fertilizes my cynicism every day
And each day it's chances passes ever more away
If believing against reality makes one insane
Then idealism is the world's greatest pain
Because it works on what isn't there to maintain
While you're not able to make yourself sustain

Ode To The Madness That Brings Suicide
Suicide comes when pain has no relief
And when one dies it spreads a fire of grief
As one questions life there comes disbelief
So much damage in a time so brief
Because suicide's contagious
It robs us of life's stages
Expurgates life's pages
Bringing madness to wise sages

Shallow Heart
Mirror Mirror On the wall
Can you make this judgment call
Mirror Mirror tell me what is true
Tell me what I'm suppose to do
I have no conscience of my own
I'm only right if I'm not alone
I cannot make it or pull it through
Every situation appears brand new
Shallow Shallow Heart I must disown
Shallow Shallow are your ways prone

No comments:

Post a Comment