Friday, January 23, 2009

Poetry No 9 No 9 No 9 No 9

Mrs. Self-Righteous

You'll never know the battles I've fought
You judge others based on when they were caught
Aren't you ever aware
That your eyes aren't everywhere
You aren't the standard by which we measure
You have no right to bring on the pressure
Do you see the rafter in your eye
Others like you would at least have the guilt to cry

Social Play

Shut up and play your part
We don't want to unlock your heart
It doesn't matter if friendly bonds set us free
Casual indifference makes friends in society

To Brittany Gray
You are my shining hope my star
That I can only love from afar
A distant love unable to attain
Still I look for your favor to gain
I look to you to make my lonely nights bright
To no other star could I ever take delight
I look straight to you piercing through the hazy sky
Past the uncertainty that lay before my eye
Knowing I'd never have a chance
I must love you from a distance
But even as the clouds fog my view
Your heavenly beauty keeps shining through


No comments:

Post a Comment