Friday, January 23, 2009

8th Cycle of Poetry

Rebuttal To Sean Hannity
You ask why anyone wouldn't say the pledge
I ask why you call yourself balanced when you're clearly on the edge
You claim religious obedience
When it's not God who gets your allegiance
Remember we must follow God before man
But you love the hierarchy of the Klan
Why does George Bush get your trust
When soon he'll just return to dust
Where's your spiritual conviction
You follow human contradiction
God does not simply bless America but Earth in all
But doesn't God say pride comes before a fall
Before you set up a probing investigation
Take another look at the question
And put yourself under evaluation
And look to see God's Children aren't one faith, one people or one nation
None except for the New Israel
Although not yet tangible the only forever real

I Don't Believe

I don't believe in Christmas, Easter, or Halloween
What good are the athlete, celebrity, or queen
And money is a trivial thing
Since there's a limit on what it will bring
Christmas only lives two days past December twenty-four
The queen says there's peace when so many die in her war
Athletes may run fast across the track and field
But what souls have they healed
Why should I believe in a celebrity
When they change in every song and movie
Maybe if we stop trying to find Easter eggs we could find peace
Maybe if we stop the lies of monsters a child's fears may cease


Meeting The Goal

So many dark times in my day
But now I've put my past away
Their insults used to bother me
The other kids would never let me be
Now victory is mine today
I'm meeting the goal day by day
I've left the world and flown away
I am like the seed of a tree
People would shove dirt over me
I'm now growing stronger each day
I won't be scared and run away
I've grown stronger since yesterday
I've let myself go and I'm free
Insults won't be trouble to me
In my mind pain has gone away


No comments:

Post a Comment