Friday, January 23, 2009

Tenth Compilation of Poetry

Moral Majority II
The moral majority is so fond
Of the violent, sexual adventures of James Bond
But if they saw that same show
Go down in the ghetto
They'd judge and condemn
Pointing their finger at them
Using any means to feed the poor is good
As long as you're named Robin Hood
But Big Tobacco
Runs the show
Puts in place the politics and police
In a perpetual process that won't cease
As the police jail every man selling weed
As millions die every decade to tobacco's greed
Sex, violence and drugs are alright if you're rich
But not if you are living in a ditch
You can destroy the ecosystem with your cigar
And your imported sports utility car
But the poor can't fight to survive
As the rich moral majority kill to strive

The Turtle
Although I didn't know her too well
I know my mother left me protected by a shell
When I hatched I found no feather or fin
Just another shell I fit in
I am too slow and too dense
To come to my own defense
I have no mom to look after me
I'd be lucky if I made it to the sea
My only comfort is I can always dwell
Protected inside my shell

The Time Is Gone

The time is gone
No more time to relax for fun
No work is done
No time to sit I have to run
No more sitting by
Enjoying life as time would fly
And without a warning cry
The time and me are going to die

No comments:

Post a Comment