Friday, February 6, 2009

The Monkees (Film) Scene I

(in a parked car with Mike and his wife Mary in their driveway)
Mike: So, what are you saying that I should sell out on my dreams and be practical worrying about making a living instead of living my life? If I asked that of you any marriage counselor would tell you to just leave me.
Mary: You're suppose to be the provider. All you've provided is debt. We're living with three of your ex-college band mates. You said that if you weren't signed by your senior year you'd get a steady job and you graduated college seven years ago.
Mike: Yeah and I promised the band that if I got steady work I wouldn't lose focus on the band and I had a choice between playing a gig that paid $500 for a two hour event or going to my work that pays $10 an hour.
Mary: But you got fired.
Mike: So that gig landed me another job and word of mouth about The Monkees exploded.
Mary: You've had five gigs since and that was two years ago and my waitressing money can't feed five people and whoever your friends drag in from a bar.
Mike: Carole's helping out.
Mary: Yeah that's another thing, I don't like that, that stripper is always here.
Mike: Hey she's Micky's girlfriend besides it's the only job where she can find health care.
Mary: So would you like it if I was a stripper
Mike: Well, considering you're my wife and yet I barely see you naked myself, I don't think I'd like the idea of you being around other men.
Mary: Especially since they'd be better providers.
Mike: One minute you hate strippers then you want to be one the next minute.
Mary: I was being sarcastic.
Mike: But you were making a point. That it would have more dignity than being married to me.
Mary: It's hard to know what gets through, you don't take advice.
Mike: The last practical advice I got was to get a degree in computer sciences and all I got was that job at the Wal-Mart electronics department. A lot of help practical advice gets me. (leaves car and enters house)

No comments:

Post a Comment