Friday, February 6, 2009

29th Log Entry of Poetry (and a lot more left)

Wars
Jesus never carried a sword
His fight and protection was God's Word
Truth and love are stronger than spears
Any man who carries both should have no fears
A man with a gun
May kill everyone
But he can't tame the powers of truth and love on the next generation
It'll shine through all creation
You can't go through the road of narrow
Carrying a bow and arrow
This world was not given to die in war
Prevention is the only way to restore

The Woods
Walking along the forest of brown and green
Going where the air is fresh and clean
No sign of destruction of a flower or tree
Miles away from the pollution of industry
Peace with God and all His Creation
Leaves me with a calm sensation
Life in the woods exists in peace
Here is where God's wonders never cease

Subliminal Affection
I love you but you love me in a different way
I live my life hiding my want pretending it's all okay
Subliminal affection is in everything I do
Whenever I am doing anything for you
There is no one to confide in
There is no place for my love to hide in
My motives and emotions are seeping through
Ever getting a more transparent view
I want to hide but my love persists
But as it does your love resists

No comments:

Post a Comment