Friday, February 6, 2009

Part 30 Poetry (and just getting warmed up)

To Heather Mills

Heather, a lady deserving of dignity
Heather, a woman I serve with loyalty
To her I'll give my whole-hearted dedication
To her I'll give her non-restraining protection
I'll show my affection as a platonic friend
Until the passion of love it shall transcend
Passion and compassion, lover and friend
Mixed together in an equilibrium blend
As a true gentleman and her lover
I shall until eternity love her
A love of respect and of consideration
A love like calming meditation
A love of freedom and security
A love of passion and of purity

Comfort Love
I want a love that fits like a pennyloafer
Comfort casual a friendship that's hardly more
One that can go with me anywhere and not get complicated
Together so long our quirks won't get us irritated
If I can't have a friendship with romance
I would not give it half a chance
It's as simple as it sounds love won't last without love
Love that warms and protects like a cotton glove

Senseless Censorship
Liberals censoring the politically incorrect
Conservatives censoring the "dissident sect"
Protecting us against senseless muttering
So many beeps on the t.v. set sounds like stuttering
All that is said is mute or dumb
Waiting years for wisdom to come
Why are why are Bush and Clinton heroes
But we persecute those on talk shows
Why is Michael Moore the commie?
Why is Bill O'Reilly the Nazi?
The President and Congressmen have the power
The commentators only have their hour

No comments:

Post a Comment