Friday, February 20, 2009

The Monkees (Film) - Scene XII

(Back at the Monkees' home with Mary already there, Mike, Davy, Valleri, Micky, Carole just arriving)
Mary: Where were you guys?
Mike: Rehearsing at the bar.
Mary: Where's Peter? (group dumbfounded)
Valleri: Who cares? It's not like your band needs a keyboard player.
Carole: Oh so you noticed there is a band?
Davy: It's okay Carole (to Valleri) you better leave.
Valleri: After all I've done for you?
Micky: It was nothing a million other groupies haven't done
Valleri: Screw you all.
Micky: When?
Mike: Where?
Davy: How?
Peter: (walking in with Shannon) and how often?
Valleri: (to Shannon) Don't waste your time sleeping with him it won't get you to Davy.
Shannon: Who's Davy?
Davy: Me.
Shannon: Oh the bass player, you know you weren't that good.
Valleri: Yes he was.
Shannon: Isn't he kind of short for you?
Valleri: Not really.
Shannon: Seems like you'd have to bend at the knees to kiss him.
Valleri: (giggles) Yes as a matter of fact I do (leaves)
Shannon: What was that about?
Carole: Nothing
Mary: Anyway what's with the whole band getting back together?
Mike: Oh you act like this was the first time we ever broke up.
Davy: Hey do you think I should try to patch things up with Valleri?
Mike: What brought that up?
Micky: (ironic) It must have been eight hours since he last got any, Carole, Mary and...
Shannon: Shannon
Micky: (mock urgency) Okay Carole, Mary and Shannon please do not make eye contact with Davy, to him that's a sign of foreplay.
Mike: (sarcastically) If it's really been eight hours maybe we should watch out.
Davy: Very funny (song:Tear Drop City)
About as low as I felt in a long time
And I know that I did a wrong at the wrong time
It's plain to see, she's down on me
And I know she'll feel that way for a long time
I was high on top but I didn't know it
Tell me, why did I have to go and blow it?
I used my lines too many times
And now I've got a badly hurt heart to show it
Took me too long to discover
How much I really love her
How'd I ever end up in this bind?
What a drag
There she goes looking for pretty clover
No one knows what it's like until it over
Without a doubt, I just found out
And I suppose I never did get to know her
Tear drop city, Tear drop city
Took me to long to discover
How much I really love her
How'd I ever end up in this bind
What a drag
About as low as I felt in a long time...
Micky: Wow you must really miss her?
Davy: Yes
Peter: But why her you've had many girls why does she seem so important?
Davy: Just because
Mike: Hey wait a minute wait just one minute you did tell her to leave after she bashed Peter.
Peter: You did? Really?
Davy: I don't want to talk about it, I told you, I need you guys I meant that so I stick up for you (leaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment