Friday, February 20, 2009

Poetry Post 77

Religious Pacifists
Jehovah remember Martin Luther King
For with faith in you he believed freedom would ring
Jehovah remember Mahatma Gandhi
For with Christ like peace he caused a change to be
Jehovah remember Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein
For they kept faith and science soundly intertwine
Jehovah remember Mother Teresa and Albert Schweitzer
For in a time of greed they remembered what Christian love is for
Jehovah remember Henry David Thoreau
And all who struggled to be on the path you show

Phonies
What can I say what can I do
To make my feelings connect to you
We have no intimacy
You can't even feel me
My pains and pleasures you know of
But you only know it not feel, there is no love
Between us are only knowledge and a void
A quaint acquaintance I would like to avoid
We take and we give
Without any real motive
We know our value but have no appreciation
Our love feels like mere obligation
And since we don't really care
I don't think I need to be there

High
When I get so low I look for a high
But I have to watch so that I don't fall and die
I want to go touch the cloudless sky
But I know I'm left high and dry

No comments:

Post a Comment