Friday, February 20, 2009

Poetry Post 79

Age
When I was young of mind and body I had the spirit
To dream and achieve to go out and get it
I could make the grade earn my merit
Climb the cliffs of the unconquered learn to bare it
But my body and mind are battered and worn
And my dreams shattered and torn
Falling short of the medal feeling the scorn
I just don't think I should've been born

Trapped Childhood III
Still trapped in this childhood
Nothing on Earth wholesome or good
My childhood trapped in a shell
Should I stay or go where the people dwell
Stuck with this hard decision
To the sinners or my own prison
To the world of sin or loneliness
Which way leads to happiness

Christian Nation
We kick the widow out of welfare
And put the fatherless child in the electric chair
Hypocrites run the country
While haters run rapid and free
And this abomination
Is what we call a Christian Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment