Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poetry Post 119

Walking In The Path Of God
The sight of the sinner is trapped by limitation
So God's patient when we fall in the trap of temptation
But he who walks alone is a victim of pride
For how can he rise up with no one by his side
Sometimes even the righteous wander and lose sight
Feeling alone, trying to figure out what's right
But Jehovah comes to all who earnestly pray
And guides the sheep who once wandered astray

Through A Window
Through a window I can see, touch and feel
Through a window I can tell what is real
Through a little window in my room
I can escape my sense of doom
I can see a bright embracing sun in a blue infinite sky
I can see frolicking animals chasing, playing, going by
Through a window I have a gift to dream
Through a window I can make everything look how I want it to seem

Caesar's Demands
God's things to Caesar Caesar's things for yourself
Morality is the one thing you can't buy with your wealth
You want men who are willing to sacrifice
Without caring that they alone carry the price
While you rape the land of every virtue
Spreading the disease of your hypocritical view
Where is the truth when you deceive us into war
Where is charity when you ignore the beggar at your door
Where is love when you only have derision for welfare moms
Where is faith when your only hope is wealth and bombs
You swear by the Bible but you enforce by the gun
Makes me wonder if you even know which war needs to be won

No comments:

Post a Comment