Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poetry Post 177

Depressed Labor
Why are the ones carrying the burden considered the trouble
Why is it the one who needs help is left paying double
Others won't help you help yourself survive
Then they look at you wondering why you're still alive
It's hard to stay motivated when there's no support
But no one praises the soul depressed and inert

Vanities Of Sloth And Production
Vain idleness from vain labor
That is what man is slaving for
As time grows less and assets grow more
Can we manage the time for what we have in store
We do deeds forgotten today for those to be forgotten tomorrow
Earning wages to equalize the joy and the sorrow
We laugh for a second, but what do we have to show
Life taxed by thirds of labor, leisure and rest is all we know

"You're Not The One"

Looking for love, I found you
I thought my searching was done
Fighting my despair, I found you
I thought the battle was won
Together as friends maybe more we have fun
Then you tell me "you're not the one"
In that moment, I lost you
And my dreams you abandoned
In an instant, I lost you
Now my body is stalled and stunned
All that was, now is none
Because now "I'm not the one"

No comments:

Post a Comment