Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poetry Post 179

Birds
I sit lonesome beneath a backyard tree
To hear a hundred songs played in harmony
Different rhythms different beats for every different melody
I do not understand how it can be
Tranquility and individuality
Without structured law but maintaining purity
Every bird can speak at once so peaceably
Uniqueness not threatening unity
Individual rights in communal society
Why can't I live in a world so free

Levels Of Love
A man of lust looking for security
A man of passion waiting for purity
Dirty thoughts longing to be washed clean by your innocent love
Your dignity makes my lowly feelings seem so high above
Above all the drugs that leave me drunk on guilt
My love lays high on the pedestal you built

My Final Words

Before I leave this world behind
I'll let you know what is on my mind
Though my words may seem unkind
Truer words are much harder to find
The world we live in has lost its mind
Criminals are leading the blind

No comments:

Post a Comment