Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poetry Post 196

Simpler Days
What ever happened to the simpler days
Back when people had more innocent ways
Those days were so few
Those days I barely knew
Then they went
Hardly a day spent
It didn't last
So it passed

Uncertainty
My present uncertainties
Leave me with insecurities
Every path I start I want to go back
Always makes me feel like there's something I lack
Bridges burnt at both ends
On opposite sides are lost friends
I don't have a hundred ten percent to give
Nor even a reason to live
I have to find a guiding light for my future through the darkness of my past
All I have is a boat without motor or mast
I am lonely lost and confused
What else is there to lose

A Man On My Own
I was born a man of my own
But shaped in the shadow glory has shown
I was the lesser known
So they expected me to be a clone
I'm not my father I'm not my brother
I am myself and I don't belong to any other
Grown from the seed into the same family tree
Has cost me my right to be me

No comments:

Post a Comment