Friday, May 1, 2009

Poetry Post 213

Guilt
You gotta wash yourself clean but you'll never wash away the dirt you feel inside
You gotta lock yourself away in seclusion but can never hide
You can bottle it up or let it out but there's only you with who to confide
Sin leads to sin but guilt bars you from all the sin and virtue of pride
You can only lay asleep on the pillow you cried

Hopes And Pipe Dreams
Resurrection is looking like a pipe dream
Is it even possible for God to be as forgiving as you make Him seem
But if Jehovah cannot love me for what I am
Then I know by His Hand I am damned
Can I be an object of love
By someone placed so high above
This tainted world I'm part of
In a world of hawks will God care for a single broken dove

Through The Tunnel
Thirty-two unique beautiful people sardined into an eerie subway
Traveling with thirty-one strangers through a dark tunnel trapped from the light of day
Yet an unspoken unity is amongst us thirty-two
Keeping our faith that we will come out with the sun shining through

No comments:

Post a Comment