Thursday, April 30, 2009

Poetry Post 212

Homeland Security II
The presses must cease and desist
While our soldiers protect rights that don't exist
You don't have to live in hunger
If you're willing to die in war
We are God fearing believing eye for an eye
Even if it means we have to lie
We fight for what is just
We will tell you who to trust
We'll train you to kill and die for liberty
While we detain your kin's rights to speak freely
As your leader I'll tell but never show what's real
As your leader, I'll tell, without why, how to feel
Our coalition is fear, hatred, ignorance and apathy
The truth and its seekers are our greatest enemy
We will serve and protect
We will detain and inspect
Everyone poor enough to be a suspect
I will be your god should you re-elect

Four Wall Coffin
I lay in my four wall coffin
I won't let emotion out or in
Hiding from the pain I never wish to feel again
Maybe time heals all wounds and amends
Or maybe it only heals when yours ends
Until I find out I'll just have a sleep in
And try not to let the torment creep in
But it bursts thunderously in
Barking orders beyond what I can lend
Making accusations when I'm too weak to defend

Sun Rose
Your hair flows like the rays of dawn
Your embrace is as tranquil as the morning dew
Your face as friendly as the forest's fawn
Your innocent smile and gentle eyes beckon me toward you
Gentle, sweet
And petite
Passionate as the rose compassionate as the sun
In your inner and outer beauty have joined as one

No comments:

Post a Comment