Monday, May 4, 2009

Poetry Post 221

Big Brother Vs Religious Pacifist
Big Brother cannot destroy a religious pacifist
Because a power greater than yourself shows you how to resist
Flesh can be conquered or sell itself out
But the spirit with faith holds its ideals without doubt
Flesh cannot defile spirit with violence
But the truth it bears speaks through death's silence
Those who witness truth are eternally in truth's memory
Outliving, in principle, the oppressor and the enemy

Possessed
Sorry I didn't hear a word you said
Because of the voices screaming in my head
Telling me I'd be better off dead
I can't get rid of the demons from under my bed

How
Oh how do I find a wife who will love with devotion
"Just hide your true emotion"
Oh how will I find a lasting friend
"Just keep up with the trend"
Can't I find love by being me
"Not outside the family"
Well then I'm going to quit ahead
Since my identity must be dead

No comments:

Post a Comment