Monday, May 11, 2009

Poetry Post 251

The Truth
You don't have to run from life
You don't have to hide behind a knife
There's another way to deal with strife
Find the truth that's positive
And you'll find a way to live
Without the weight of the negative
It will see you through
With wisdom to guide you
To help you on what to do
It will be your friend
Even past the end
Till the world starts over again

Nowhere
My life is simply going nowhere
I'm stuck in my terminal despair
Just waiting around for something fair
Something to get me out of my nightmare
Away from the forces that are stripping me bare
To a nurturing place of emotional care
To a person with burdens and love to share
But everyone's too numb and scared to dare
And without love there's no motivation to get there

Doubting Soldier Of God
Oh that I could have the might
To stand up and fight
For what I knew was right
To pull myself out of this plight
If only I had the foresight
A faith to hold back the fright
As I push on through the night
But I can't rely on myself to carry the Light
For as long as I doubt I haven't the right

No comments:

Post a Comment