Monday, May 11, 2009

Poetry Post 252

Destiny
What can I do what could I be
Society puts its limitations upon me
I am only technically free
As the boundaries I try to surpass makes me weary
I can only go so far morally
I can only go so far intellectually
I can only go so far socially
So who am I suppose to be
Physical limitations make me mentally ill
In all senses my soul lays still
Suffering from boundaries of strength and free will
What purpose am I suppose to fulfill

Class Law
The Man came with his posse to shoot a boy with a gun
Doesn't matter if he fights back the battle can't be won
Because a civilian's word means nothing when the day is done
Unless you have some kin to verify what they saw
As long as they are a social class above the law
But if you ain't white, wealthy and worldly wise just might as well withdraw
Because the media, authority and public just can't see the benefit of you
And it won't ever matter all the good that you try to do
Because once getting caught at a wrong moment and your life is through

Racist Static
The radio waves play it plain and clear
But the racist state of mind always tries to interfere
Guns, gangs, piggy is all the masses hear
Because the masses are trained to look for fear
they tell you and show you why not to believe the hype
But the rest of the media says Darkies only come in one type
The ones that fight back and gripe
But you'd be beyond pissed if your dignity were swiped

No comments:

Post a Comment