Monday, May 25, 2009

Poetry Post 270

American Churches
Racism, equalism, hate and love
The American churches believe in all the above
They say Christ died for everyone
But nations of men are staring in the barrel of the gun
Hell is spoken to the sinners now living
But in death even Nixon is forgiven

The New Friend
Once sitting here sad and lonely
Never would anyone talk with me
But then one day someone came to sit
And he talked with me a bit
After talking to him for awhile
I started to grin and smile
And by the chats end
I realized I have a new friend

Dear Amy

Dear Amy I could forever say "thank you"
And it would never become trivial or untrue
As the reasons for never grows few
After all you've done and promise to do
You took me in during the storm and welcomed me to a sky clear blue
And stopped my fears before they took form and grew
And for showing me love that I never knew
And for the countless helpful advice you gave I must thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment