Monday, May 25, 2009

Poetry Post 271

Path Deferred
What else can be said
I wish that I was dead
I feel no comfort when I pray
I know it's my fault because He indiscriminately shows The Way
Did I blind myself on His Path
Am I deaf because of His Righteous Wrath
I fall deaf and blind
No help I can find
I'm too cynical to trust
Although I know I must

Dream Hook

It was when I first kept my poetry in my little blue notebook
When I first felt caught by the Dream Hook
Now every night I have a little more hope
And a better way to cope
I can start a better life
Meet a loving wife
Just by being who I am, expressing long hidden feelings of my past
Will help me build a better future that will last
Now I no longer need to fear
Fame will make my path once more clear
Now my rescue has come near
My Dream Hook makes me feel good I'm still here

Auto Bio

I don't give to charity but feed charity cases
I can't remember all the names to all the faces
I don't go to too many places
But my mind wanders into empty spaces
convicted for my convictions
You'll find my truth stranger than fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment