Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Poetry Post 302

No Longer Cheerful Days
The better half of my life
Has been given more than my share of strife
The happiness was always fleeting
Pain always gave an unfriendly greeting
But when I was a young boy I always had someone to turn to
Pain was just someone I hardly knew
But now no longer are my cheerful days
It was all just a childhood phase

Adolescents Theme
Doing my best to do a good job
My mom calling me lazy and a slob
I try and try again to please her
Never getting a moment of leisure
She's never happy to be with me
She'll criticize anything she'll see
Always trying to lead a happy life
But constant work from her sends me strife

At Night
At night I drink away
The problems that haunt me at day
I go into dreams
Where nothing is as painful as it seems
Where love is around
And peace can be found
But awake to a brand new day
Just waiting to drink my problems away

No comments:

Post a Comment