Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Poetry Post 300

Tunnel Light
Trapped inside a dungeon wall
With no friend in sight
And nothing to do at all
The only hope stands on a tunnel light
That guides me out of my death trap
And frees me from isolation
But the light might fade being my only map
And I'll be stuck forever is desolation
But it still shines so bright
To help guide me
Out of emotions that are as dark as night
And finally break the chains and set me free
Now I am out of the trap to where there is no more strife
And now I am free to restart my life

The Need Of A True Friend
Walking my own path I only find myself trapped again
Lost in the fright of midnight in a road's dead end
I'm constantly lost in this trail without a guide
It wouldn't be so lonely with a friend by my side
But I never had one who remained true
Or else I might have gotten through
Maybe if I still had a friend
My life wouldn't be a dead end

Death Gray
Why did you lock me away
And hide me from the light of day
Only to see my walls of death gray
In my steel cold room
Where there's only unescaping gloom
Unable to be released from eternal doom
Why did you have to be ashamed of me
You treat me as if I lost my sanity
But I can't find a single reason why you won't set me free

No comments:

Post a Comment