Thursday, June 25, 2009

Poetry Post 305

Outcast
Walking across a crowded street
Insulted by everyone I meet
Nobody to love or care for me
There is no love as far as I can see
I must find a way out of here
I must leave the land of jeer
I am imprisoned by society
How can I burst through the walls to be free

Becoming A Whore
Starting out you were the family's little princess
They all loved you in your ballerina dress
But that was before the domestic distress
Before it all came into a chaotic spiraling mess
Your working mom died of cancer
So Dad did double shifts working away while you're missing her
People weren't there so it taught the money meant more
Yet they all became shock to find you a whore
How could they not see your fall into deceitful decadence
Not your stepmom who beat you in your neighbor's presence
Not your "lover" who stole your innocence
Not your father with all his absence
It did not mean you were evil because you gave into sin
Your family, your school, your religion gave nothing to give faith in
But did the drugs and the sex and the booze fill the dark holes within
Is anything better than before you sold yourself to men

Assumptions About Men Seeking Courtship
What is it about me that is so hard for you to understand
Why do you trust stereotypes over evidence at first hand
You think all men only think about sex
But if you ever thought about it you'd see some men are more complex
I've never misused anyone I cherish
Yet you assume I'm too selfish
You won't trust those who seem so socially inept
But have you looked at the people in your past you've accept
All I say might just seem bitter and jaded
But you'd understand if our roles were traded
You would resent other people's objections
If assumptions were the basis of other's rejections

No comments:

Post a Comment