Monday, June 21, 2010

Poetry Post 318

Freeness Of Speech
Where there is love there is freeness of speech
This is the fondest goal I have to reach
And with you this goal is attained
For I have no need for my thoughts to be retained
With you acceptance and trust by choice words aren't bought
You look at the feelings of the heart to see the intent of the thought
You know my transparency is not a trick to deceive
And you know not to hurt a heart so naive

Perfect Paradox
A love so pure and unrestrained
A perfect paradox unexplained
Mutual satisfaction of each other's affection
Our love grows by the sight of it's own reflection
It is an invigorating drug that calms and sedates
Securely in our embrace in both excited and restful states

The End Of Harmony
I believe it was 1970
When someone last heard the harmony
Has it been that long since
I heard two Rocks sing of Silence
I wonder back to Clarksville and Pleasant Valley
Finding only Lonely Hearts and bitter irony
And then I see the image of Mother Mary
Crying Let It Be Let It Be
As the Magic Dragon sleeps forever more
Never returning to play on the sunny shore
Glory was just a fiery phase
And the smoke cleared to a Purple Haze
Give Another Piece Of Your Heart and There's Nothing Left To Lose
So you get freedom to do anything but choose
Just relive the glories of seasons past
As you wonder how long the feeling's going to last

No comments:

Post a Comment