Monday, June 21, 2010

Poetry Post 320

Promiscuous Words
I saved my flesh but am no virgin of word
Professing love to so many too many heard
Now I have nothing left to be sworn
My confessed love has worn and torn
But I never want to give up on true romance
Lending word, deed and heart is my only chance
So I will always give it another try
I may often be wrong but I never lie
So trust these words as true and sincere
Your love and friendship are what I hold dear
And if mutual feelings were just made clear
My battered used heart would never again fear

Searching For Sanity
I look for knowledge and find only confusion
And facts discovered by minds of delusion
With their wisdom built by illusion
Logic being only a mirage
Self defense turns to self sabotage
And we become our own barage
O sanity the sweet idealized angelic lover
The mysteries of your comfort to uncover
Only in finding you can we ourselves discover

Bittersweet Memories
What happened to the promises to stick together
Love taught me friends are forever
But experience taught me better
Everything I can't forget
Is merely another regret
I wonder if you're as upset
That we are told to take growing changes passively
To pack all childhood feelings into a buried memory
But nostalgic songs and games keep the memory coming back to me

No comments:

Post a Comment