Monday, June 21, 2010

Poetry Post 319

Serenity
In peaceful serenity
Cut off from the bonds of society
Alone no pain can reach me
Guarded from bitter emnity
Void of others avoing stress
No problems I have to address
In solitude I can decompress
Enjoying the moment feeling bless

The High
Surrogate affection or just effective distraction
Something about addiction has a powerful attraction
Something warm, both familiar and strange
Another dimension, an open range
You're at home and somewhere else
You're someone new but still yourself
Whether fulfilled or empty
There's no more inner void to see
No longer insecure or withdrawn
Self-intimidation is momentarily gone
This is how I was socially meant to be
To be in one's own element absolutely free

Cage Of Apathy
Trapped in a cage of apathy
Powerless to the world beyond me
Crutching to meaningless aids to cope
How can I preach a message of hope
Maybe I could help others
If I knew who were my brothers
Or if I just had the means to assist
But my weaknesses persist
And self doubt makes me a pillar of miserly apathy
With no one to care for or look after me

No comments:

Post a Comment